Lovesong by Abi Morgan was presented by Banbury Cross Players at The Mill Theatre from 5th to 8th July 2017.
Directed by Tara Lacey
Performance dates: 5th – 8th July 2017
The cast for Lovesong was as follows
William – Ian Nutt
Margaret – Nicola Dixon
Billy – Andrew Whiffin
Maggie – Trish Thompson
This play contains adult themes and some strong language
Lovesong by Abi Morgan is the story of one couple, told from two different points in their lives – as young lovers in their 20s and as worldly companions looking back on their relationship. Their past and present selves collide in this haunting and beautiful tale of togetherness. All relationships have their ups and downs; the optimism of youth becomes the wisdom of experience. Love is a leap of faith.
This contemporary piece interweaves the older and younger characters, exploring and replaying memories together – almost like a dance.
- 19 June 2017 – An Abstract Tale of Togetherness Lovesong with video
- 9 June 2017 – Banbury Cross Players present Abi Morgan’s Lovesong
- 12 February 2017 – Open Auditions – for Abi Morgan’s LOVESONG
- Lance Bassett (Oxford Mail)
- Alex Wood (Sardines Magazine)
- Amber Sivyer (Your Letterbox)
- Lovesong – a review by Ruth Sullivan