Banbury Cross Players’ 2023-2024 season starts with our Season Preview Evening. On Tuesday 26th September from 8pm aach of the Directors of this season’s shows have a creative presentation to share with you – hoping to tempt you to sign-up for their show – on-stage, backstage or in the auditorium.
- Pantomime is making a welcome return in the shape a newly ’adapted for Banbury’ version of Cinderella written by our very own Justin Clinch and directed by Liz Riley
- Chrissie Garrett introduces her plans for the historic drama Our Country’s Good – a tale of the first convict ship’s arrival in Australia
- This season’s Festival Entry is the Chekhovian Comedy – The Proposal – on the road in the capable directorial hands of Suchit Kulkarni
- Lucy Byford has been tempted from her regular Stage Manager position and shares her plans for our production of Laura Wade’s superb hit comedy Home, I’m Darling
To wrap up the event, there is a free glass of wine and a chance to talk to the BCP Team. Tell us what you REALLY want from your Community Theatre in the future. Plus get the low-down on BCP’s Budget-Busting Gold Card discounted ticket scheme.
Call Anne Bennett on 01295 273125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.The event is free but for one night only and places are in demand.
- Our Country’s Good by Timberlake WertenbakerTimberlake Wertenbaker’sOUR COUNTRY’S GOOD21 – 23 March 2024 DIRECTOR Chrissie GarrettProduction Manager Jane Shanahan Tickets are on sale now fromThe Mill Arts Centre Box Office This is a powerful multi-layered play about the novel The Playmaker – the story of those who performed the play The Recruiting Officer. It focusses on rehearsal of the play
- The Proposal by Anton ChekhovThe Proposal by Anton Chekhov
- Home, I’m DarlingLaura Wade’sHOME, I’M DARLING11 – 13 July 2024 DIRECTOR Lucy ByfordProduction Manager Linda Shaw The 1950s domestic bliss promises big but delivers short because, of course, it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. It’s 2024; Stepford Wives meets Big Brother. Everyone is criticising Judy’s choices; no-one understands and no-one is supporting her. After all
- Cinderella by Justin ClinchCinderella was Banbury Cross Players’ November 2023 production. It used a script written for a modern family audience written by our own member Justin Clinch. Directed by Liz Riley, performances followed a new for this season timetable of Thursday to Saturday evenings and a Saturday matinee. The Cast was as Follows: Prince Charming – Steve